Friday, October 10, 2014

Date Night

I asked Mr. Piano on a date.

HOLY CARP DANG IT IM GOING ON A DATE IN 30 MINUTES

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

okay here's the thing- my roommates decided they wanted to have a big "roommate date night" and we're all going to a movie. They pretty much made me ask Mr. Piano out, not that I put up much of an objection.

This guy is a total nerd. He listens to video game soundtracks while he studies and he brings legend of zelda to class. He knows every nerdy reference and was thrilled that I brought the one ring to school today.

He's so adorable!

I'm pretty much on the same level, although not nearly as much of a gamer.

I've already discussed my daily clothing choices and my casual wear, and style is not my thing. I never get fancy for anything. I choose comfort over looks.

I'm a nerd. Mr. Piano is a nerd. And yet, I chose to wear the fanciest shirt I own, the nicest jeans (which I washed specially so they would be perfect tonight), a necklace, bangle bracelets, boots (which I NEVER wear outside of church), and I had my roommate straighten my hair. I fretted about when to shower. I worried about my teeth. I kept glancing nervously in the mirror to make sure my hair falls just right.

I have tried so hard to look incredible and be clean and fashionable not because my roommates made me, because society dictates that I do, or because I'm trying to "earn" the admiring looks of a guy. I've already won them. I'm dressing up because I enjoy it.

Nowadays, with so much political correctness flying about and neighbors ripping each others throats out about how girls and teenagers have impossible standards they feel they have to live up to, and how looks define a girl, I feel that we're loosing a grip on one fundamental truth.

Dressing up feels nice.

It makes us feel dignified and clean and whole. Taking off the drudgery of work or school clothes and putting on something clean and flattering cheers us up more than it should. We look in the mirror and see someone beautiful, someone happy and lively and cheerful. We see that image and our posture, our minds, and our attitudes reflect our reflection.

And that change of attitude can make any day incredible.

...
....
.......

I'M GOING ON A DATE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment